The safety of our patients and staff is very important to us. That is why we are continuing to follow all guidelines provided by the American Dental Association (ADA), Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Here are some of the measures we have set in place at our office:
- Pre-visit Screening Questionnaires: All of our patients are asked to fill out a pre-visit questionnaire in according to ADA recommendations. This also applies to our staff each time they come into the office.
- Temperature Checks at Points of Entry: Both incoming patients and staff have their temperature checked before coming into the office
- Aerosol Reduction: By using processes to reduce aerosol being release into the air, we help reduce the spread of unwanted particles to other spaces. During all aerosol generating procedures we either use high volume suction close the the mouth. For more involved treatments we can also use DryShield to not only reduce aerosols but also provide proper isolation to help longevity of our restorations.
- Personal Protective Equipment: All our staff are properly equipped with all necessary personal protective equipment such as N95 masks, gloves, face shields and isolation gowns. This ensures that we minimize everyone’s exposure to infectious agents.
- Sterilization: We are still following proper guidelines set by OSHA and CDC to clean and sterilize all dental instruments that have patient contact. Items that cannot be properly sterilized and all one time use and thrown away after each use.
- Persistent Disinfection: All clinical surfaces where patients touch or aerosols can land on are disinfected by our office staff after each patient. This includes all clinical surfaces, handles, restrooms. We use hospital grade disinfectants that are effective in killing and/or inactivate bacteria and viruses.
We appreciate your trust and cooperation in our office. We strive to provide a comfortable and safe environment for good dental care. If you have suggestions/concerns feel free to contact us anytime. Together we can overcome any obstacles and continue to provide you and your family with quality dental care.